Color Wheel Workshop Follow-up Letter

Hi,
I thoroughly enjoyed conducting the Color Wheel workshop on Dec 3 and working with you all.  I enjoyed the enthusiasm and as mentioned at the workshop would like to continue to meet, this time very informally, but at specified times.
I hope you can join us and as mentioned at the end of this email, please let me know which days you are available. Also IF you do want to meet and cannot make one of these days let me know.   I will be sending exercise details to all on this list for your reading pleasure even if you don't meet with us. 

I am able to meet in the Fine Arts Club room on the following days and times, but let me know if you would like to make other arrangements:
Monday Dec 7, 1-4 pm
Monday Dec 14, 1-4 pm
and 
Friday Dec 18, 1-4 pm

I will also arrange 1-2 additional days in January after January 12 and will send out these days and times then.

I am planning that we will do practice exercises, independently but will share each others' results and discuss them if desired. You can choose any of the exercises. Assuming I have time I will be preparing my own circle and charts and sharing them with you during the sessions and/or by email or on the blog: karenhalbert.blogspot.com
.
  1. mixing greens, purple/violets and oranges and comparing them with tube colors
  2. simple color wheels based on various triads or palettes of your choice
  3. complement charts
  4. mixing "blacks"
  5. mixing neutrals
  6. gray scales especially compared with hues
  7. harmonious schemes: could be charts, wheels or color studies (e.g.; small  canvases or canvas paper with an abstract pattern with varying shapes and colors with varying chromes, hues and values)
  8. using a limited palette for landscapes (see www.finkeldeistudio.com) with ultramarine blue, cad red light, cad yellow medium, and white as well as alizarin crimson permanent and viridian 
We will cover different 'palettes' for varying situations: desert landscapes, for example, and my current favorite, tropical landscapes to prepare for my Hawaii painting trip.

I will be working with water-based oils in the classes primarily  But I still have plenty of Acrylic "Primaries" for your use.

If there is sufficient interest I will also provide more reading material with examples of the exercises listed above. 

So, by return email please let me know your day/time preferences.

DOES ANYONE HAVE Gerlinde's email address?

Thanks all,
Karen

Popular posts from this blog

Color Wheel Revisited

(extra) Color Mixing on the web with online Apps with RGB and CMYK

(extra) Color Palette Examples