A Watercolor Journey (continued) -Part I

 I am in San Diego for three months and have decided to dedicate this time to Watercolor. I have been making charts and value studies. And I watched again the video by Thomas Schaller on the Power of Design.  I also have his book of remarkable paintings with tips given for each painting, The Chambers Street painting in particular hit home to me since I lived in a Chambers Street loft during the tumultuous times of the 70s while I was in graduate school in Mathematics. This painting was used in the video so I followed along and created my own version, March on Chambers Street,  (after Thomas Schaller), Watercolor, 22x15 - half sheet. This is larger than any I have done recently,


I did preliminary sketches first:

Note the use if a Golden Mean Caliper to determine the vanishing point (and focal point in this case).


I had been toying with the idea of signing up for Thomas' special ongoing online class and bit the bullet yesterday with a 2-week free trial. So these notes will detail this adventure.


Popular posts from this blog

Color Wheel Revisited

(extra) Color Mixing on the web with online Apps with RGB and CMYK

(extra) Color Palette Examples